Friday, January 14

Reality continues to ruin my life

I'm not perfect.

God, it was hard to type that with a straight face. Still, every year I devote my energies to being a better daughter, student, sister, friend, and strive towards becoming "a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma". And 2005 will be no exception. So, without further senti-maaroing(a more fashionable word than ado), and mostly because I hate writing introductory paragraphs, my resolutions for 2005.

2005 RESOLUTIONS I INTEND TO KEEP
(I know we're already halfway through January but...do you even need an explanation??)

This is in no specific order.

1. Make sure there's always someone to blame when I dont complete something on time.(Say goodbye to on-the-spot, I-can-see-you-made-that-up excuses).

2. Don't go by some plan. Procrastinate more.(I'm too lazy to do even that!).

3. Embrace lack of impulse control.(Buy those mindnumbingly expensive red shoes, wear them once and forget you even own them!).

4. I will make the PHL big news. Not just for me, for all the Indians who are sick of seeing Indian sports news consist entirely of Tendla, Veeru, Tendla, Veeru, Saurav, Tendla, Veeru, Rahul(oh I said it!), and Tendla.

5. Fill up all 20GB on the iPod. (First, convince dad that an iPod is the primary requisite for painfree living).

6. Never go on a diet. (Crib about the fluctuating figures on the scale and readily agree with Sunith when he says that I am a beautiful angel! No one ever said that angels were supposed to be anorexic).

7. Be a disappointment to my parents. (Need I elaborate?)

8. Abandon my addiction to moderation. From now on, it's all or nothing.(Okay we know it's going to be mostly nothing).

9. Make fun of Irfan Pathan at least once a week (just to irritate my sister).

10. Complain about the weather as if there was something anyone could do about it (and accuse the temperamental Weather Gods for all my mood swings).

11. My pious alter ego and her resolutions--
2002> I will go to the temple every Friday.
2003> I will go to the temple as often as possible.
2004> I will set aside time each day for prayer and meditation.
2005> I will try to catch the early morning sermons on TV.

Happy New Year, everybody.

{Inspired by Calvin, Kerry(yes, your NY resolutions email did make a difference!) and as always, Ras}.