Sunday, January 1

Isn't it a beautiful day?

How often have you ushered in the new year with a sense of bliss that almost overwhelms you? Isn't it scary when everything goes your way and even chinks in the perfection are just completely concealed?2005 has been my best year in the last 21. In every single way.

Sunith has taught me to be a better human being, to take things easy, to laugh more, to enjoy the moment. He has been there for me in every sense of the word. Saying thank you would be distancing him but not showing my gratitude for being such an inspiration would be wrong. He has given me a happiness that I would never have experienced without him. He has accomplished the impossible by transforming me into a responsible, mature idividual. I owe him all my success. Without his constant and undying support, without his encouragement, without his unconditional love, I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't be who I am today. Spending New Year's Eve with him was but obvious. I wanted to celebrate our love and our joy together and it is one of my most memorable New Year's Eve yet. :)

Kavya has grown into a beautiful and brilliant girl. She gives me the much needed hug whenever I look like I'm hurt. Our moments of laughter, our impromptu remixes, our remote fights(which have considerably reduced!), our birthdays, our New Year jingle, our fart jokes, our clothes fights are the instances from 2005 which will stay with me forever. She behaves like an agony aunt and it's amazing how many role reversals there seem to be these days! Her sunshine smile and her great attitude make my world an incredible place to live in. I can't imagine a day without her. When did we start sharing clothes and exchanging advice? It used to be a one way thing. I miss those days of unadulterated hero worship but this is even better.

My acads have improved considerably. My MBA exams were a breeze. I got a job on my own steam. I'm praying everyday. I'm going to the temple every week. I've become more spiritual. I'm not sure if it's a BM influence. I don't know if my chakras have improved. I'm going to the gym everyday. I'm eating what Oprah defines as "right"(I had only 1 piece of cake yesterday!). I've started practising yoga. My ego is intact, even though my vanity has taken a backseat. Everything that is positive in my life would be meaningless without my family and friends, who've always believed in my ambitions and reinforced my will to achieve them. Thank you for making 2005 unforgettable.

I've started reading this book called 'Unveiling India'. It's written by Anees Jung. I intend to read more books like this every week.I've become more aware of our culture and our history. I'm making a concious effort to be an Indian. But will that definition, if there's one, confine me to any boundaries?

Before I become philosophical about the future of our country, let me recommend a couple of links which I found very interesting.

1. Emotions 2005

2. Trends 2005

and if you haven't already joined Bharat Uday Mission, be sure to do so. You can be a part of the revolution too. Make it count!

A very Happy New Year to you!