Wednesday, July 6

Sarkar is India's answer to The Godfather.

There wasn't a single moment in the movie where I felt things were getting painful. After 39 hours without sleep, a 10.45 pm show with I-row seats seemed like an invitation to hell. But you know what, as things always turn out with me, it wasn't.
It doesn't glorify crime. Maybe there was a deliberate attempt to make the Sarkar resemble Bal Thackeray but here, Amitabh doesn't get to fire someone just because they've been too honest. Yeah Suresh Prabhu isn't really important enough for RGV to accomodate in his script. The background score is the usual Company, Satya rehash. I didn't know Kay Kay was even capable of acting. But then, I don't know a lot of things. I don't know why they had to have a break in the movie. The stupid Samsung Washing machine ad was such a distraction!
Thing is, I loved the movie. If you haven't already watched it, what the hell were you doing all these days?