Saturday, July 16

Stolen Moments

I hate stupidity.
That statement obviously assumes that I am intelligent. Secondly, that I recognize stupidity(been there, done that?). Third, that it's the stupidity and not the person involved that I hate.
So, let me make it absolutely clear. I hate stupid people. Animals or babies(both of which I'm not too fond of) behaving stupidly is pardonable but otherwise...

I hate criticism.
Especially from people who are in no position to judge me. There is no such thing as constructive criticism. It's either my way or the wrong way. Funniest thing is when stupid people criticize me. That's the combination that makes me question the whole intelligence imbalance that exists.

Anyway, apart form all that people-hating(which I seem to be making a habit), I did some wonderful things last week.

I bunked College on Thursday and went for the morning show of Dus with my Jaan and then came back home by 3:30, looking all tired, hard day's work at college and all that. Then my mom opens the door and says, "Thank God you're back, we have to rush to Prasad's. I don't want to miss that 'Dus Bahane' song!"
It's not a bad movie but I just couldn't tolerate watching it twice in a single day!
Yeah I agree. That wasn't so wonderful.

Organizing the Pankaj Udhas concert for CRY was an amazing experience!
I made lots of new friends, real phenomenal people, all of whom seem quite determined to make a difference, to underprivileged children and to India.
The concert itself was a huge success. I went to pick him up from the airport with another CRY rep from Chennai. He was really nice. He spoke to me and asked me about Taramathi. What I loved was, he gave me an 'I-recognize-you' smile when all the CRY vols had a photo session with him later in the evening. I knew a couple of his songs but frankly he's not God's gift to the ghazal world or anything. But I still went and bought his album 'Stolen Moments' and it's quite good. His accompanying artists were much better than him. Purely a personal opinion, don't get all mad at me. Hariprasad Chaurasia's nephew played the flute. Man, I swear his melodies were just divine!
The rain almost ruined it. The show was scheduled to start at 7 but ended up starting at 8:30 and people still kept coming, all drenched, even at 10 pm. I thougth that was pretty cool.
Oh let me tell you something funny. Our CRY rep gave me his phone to receive all the calls because he had something more important to do. I got a call from some gentleman saying he was Mr.Pankaj Udhas's friend and that he wanted passes for the show. The first time, I was quite polite and said that none of the passes were complimentary but he kept persisting and then I kinda blew up and said, "Hey, if you're PU's friend then why the hell don't you call him?" I thought I was being very smart. But what's worse is the man did turn up and is the proud owner of what he calls "that little restaurant called Paradise". Oh man, I swear I didn't know where to hide!!!
We were there at Viceroy till around 12 that night. We discussed all our glitches, had dinner and generally made fun of everyone. I left the place with Nits in a car which had a punctured tyre. He actually drove down that dangerous slope near Whisper Valley and back up without using the spare tyre. I'm so sure he forgot to keep one in his car! Anyway, point is, I had so much fun that day and all my friends enjoyed themselves too. There is something just magical about a drive at 2 am in the morning with a slight drizzle. You know exactly how that feels :) and all the others are losing out.