Sunday, October 25

A many-splendoured thing

Today, I am more lost than I was at 18. I have such an over-articulated life. Every emotion has an outpouring of observation and intricate analysis. Why? How? Questions that destroy peace. I just want to be.

What perturbs me most is how I associate with other human beings. Even my most intimate relationships seem to be an amalgamation of what I am and how I want to be. A little inauthentic.

Over the past eight years, one person has been a constant. Whose love for me seems unrestricted, almost impractical. And I reject it, more often than I accept it. I seem to thrive on being defiant and provoking angst in him. It's almost subconscious. But I yearn for his immutable presence in my life and now more than ever, I am obliged to him. For allowing me my small liberties and loving me, just the same.

Perhaps it's time I tell him how I really feel.