Saturday, September 10

candy and vinegar

I wasn't really surprised. These days I hardly find anything inspiring. It was like watching a rerun of Friends for the millionth time. Just another joyless incident that I want to dramatize and demand sympathy about. Oh it isn't even important.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Imposible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." - Adidas

Had the Vinayaka Chathurthi fiasco again. Same old story. Same absurd pretentiousness. Same plastic smiles. It was plain tiresome. Then why do I even go and participate in this horseplay?

I don't know why L.K.A and Vajpayee are at loggerheads. That too over Khurana. He doesn't seem to me, a significant enough player on the political front. Yeah so he was the CM of Delhi and he must be having a lot of muscle support in the NCR region, which automatically translates into a number of votes but just suppose Vajpayee had supported or even not shown dissent on this issue, atleast the BJP wouldn't look so vulnerable. So open to criticism. It's pathetic. But atleast Bihar has some kinda options, other than Laloo Prasad Yadav! All the million communist parties that seem to have mushroomed everywhere. That reminds me of a really dumb joke.
I don't know how some people are naturally gifted with the ability to narrate jokes well. They make even the most insipid ones sound hilarious!
Anyway an Indian and an American..yeah age-old face-off..wonder why Manmohan is such a meek come-and-take-what-you-want kinda man.. Anyway, an Indian and an American argue about who has the better scientific capabilities and technologies.
The American says, "a woman once gave birth to a child without a leg and our world famous surgeons made an artificial one for him and now he's an athletic champion."
So the Indian retorts, "a woman once gave birth to a child without a head and our world famous surgeons put a coconut right there and he became the CM in India!"

I'm just addicted to Rockstar INXS. I was rooting for Jordis till last week but she seems to have lost all her confidence and she's out of the competition. Now, Marty definitely has my vote. He's better then that overtly envious JD.

I read this post on my boyfriend's blog about how girls are supposed to be these mystrious creatures.
Baby, I have news for you. All it takes is a phone call, a message, some innovative ways of saying "I love you" and maybe carnations once in a while. It's not a conversation filler. It's not another way of saying you're sorry. It's not a weapon, it's not a refuge. It loses it's value when it's overused. It loses it's magic when it's underplayed. It's a commitment, not a last resort. It's a promise, not a compromise. It's damn good fun and I want it to stay that way. For all I care, you can go to Bangalore or Stanford or Timbaktu but just come home to me.
I am an insecure, obsessive fool. That doesn't mean I don't trust you. That's just the way I love you.