Saturday, March 25

i want chocolate icecream

So I'm sure you were victim to another political drama played out by the bloody Italian on 23rd March and completely forgot about the 75th year of the martyrdom of Bhagat Singh. If you remembered, mail me about what you did.
Only Star News and Aaj Tak mentioned something(I know because I have my news channels at a stretch from channels 11 - 20). I did it on one of those Saturdays when they aired absolutely the most boring stuff imaginable on the tube. Only Kaal was on for the millionth time and I'm a little tired of seeing John and the snake, however sexy that can get. The effect that lasts for a moment gets destroyed when Esha Deol shows up!

Anyway, I don't know why I'm so addicted to the television.
There are so many better things to do.
One option was to join the Hyderabad Film Club. They show these really exotic movies at Sarathi Studios from places like Kazhakhstan and Turkey. The films have apparently won many awards at film festivals whose names I can't pronounce/pronounce wrong. Everytime I see the listing in the newspaper about some Film Club event, I forget to kick myself for not joining. And so, I never did.
I could've have been part of the Bird Watcher's Society of India. Except there are no birds around here and they take us to a place 50 kms away from the center of the city and because Hyderabad is growing so fast, we'll be lucky if we spot a crow. For the record, I've never seen a crow in Hyderabad. That is, as long as you don't count the living, breathing ugly people who resemble crows. There are many of those.
There is a Society to Save Rocks as well. Let the children die of starvation. They care about the rocks. They organize 'rock walks' once every month. I haven't been to a single one and I don't see myself going gaga over rocks anyway. And if you're interested in protecting the rocks rather than giving slum kids some quality education, call 04023608253. (Call and you'll see it's for real!)
I could've been a member of the Corporate Club where they organize after-work parties at crowded clubs and treasure hunts and things like that, in the name of networking but it's only for people who work and I hardly qualify.
And ofcourse there's philately, a complicated name for stamp-collecting which seems to be the eternal favourite hobby. Followed by numismatics ofcourse. Philately can only be beaten by coin-collection. Heavier and hence perhaps, more valuable. I don't know. I can honestly say I don't care.
There are also ads these days about Ikebana classes. Apprently, Hyd is home to one of the 3 'grandmasters' in flower arrangement. I can't even imagine that as a hobby, much less a profession. A single gerbura will do just fine. Who cares about driftwood and how they can be used in arrangements?
Forget sports. Even Tai Chi is too vigorous for me. Watching Safin play shoots up my heart rate and that's enough exercise.

And then while I was getting very close to filing a petition against a well-known social organization for blatantly misusing the money it raises as funds, I discovered Bharat Uday Mission. BM is almost an obsession now. If you are one of those, "forget the rocks and the dogs"(we do not have a policy on animal welfare but trust me, if it's ever needed, I won't be the one drafting it), "let's do something for the country and it's people" kinds, then all you need to do is join me. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

And now, watching television comes a close second and then comes watching tv while having chocolate icecream and then, watching tv with the boyfriend while having chocolate icecream and then... okay,

Have a great weekend!