Friday, March 3

jaded and blah

Kav's board exams are going on. She had a million people wishing her luck and the arrogant fool that she is, she actually wrote a common "thanks y'all" post on her blog! :D
Sweetheart, you'll do well and trust me, all those people who think they'll beat you will fail in Geography and your Telugu paper(even though it won't be corrected by Ram Murthy), will be just as easy.
I don't remember working that hard. I don't remember anyone telling me, "you know last year the highest was 93.6% so you should get 94%" or "don't settle for the English prize. Only Maths and Science matter." All the snapshots I have now are related to playing cricket on the Primary field during the preparation holidays and doing Shares and Dividends in Math. I don't remember studying anything else. But I remember thinking that would be the last year I'd see him smile or watch him on the tennis court or listen to him explaining something to all his fans who thought he was God.
Two years later, he calls me and forgets to hang up.

I got my phone bill again today. I don't know why these Tata Indicom guys think they're so %&$^#*, listing every single STD call, with the number of hours and the exact time and the number of units(I didn't know they charged every 30 seconds) and the bloody amount for each call. So, my mom looked at these 5 pages which had the same number 50 times and asked me the same question for the 50th time. "So, who's number is this?" She knows. My dad knows. I know. Anyone who reads my blog or talks to me for more than 3 minutes knows. So, why the drama?
Pa, if you ever read this, smile and let it go. :)

I'm still waiting to see Taxi.no.9211 and Ghajini. Taxi got an amazing review from Masand. Watch his show on Friday nights(10:30 I think) on CNN-IBN. Will make time this weekend. I saw the Filmfare Awards last Sat. It was, as expected, a bloody farce. Black got all the tier 1 awards and Parineeta got the inconsequential ones. And as usual, there were the same crappily choreographed dance sequences with scantily clad actresses jumping around and making a mess of the whole thing. They also repeated the same commercial ads which ran about 53 minutes for every hour so now I know exactly how many chillis the girl who lost the bet on the SBI advert eats and how many kinds of white there really are. There's also the final season of Friends being aired on Star World. I know everyone must've already seen it and I know Ross and Rachel are back together 'cos she got off the plane(or whatever)! But it was so disappointing! It doesn't make you feel all mushy like the time when Monica asks Chandler to marry him or when Ross and Rachel kiss for the first time. It's really predictable. And they don't even kiss aesthetically. It's all kinda sloppy. Oh and American Idol is back for the 15th time and they haven't started doing the "and you will know who's made it, after a short break" thing yet. And Simon is his usual amazingly opinionated, obnoxious self. I don't know why I find that attractive!! :D The worst day to watch TV is Saturday. There usually isn't any good show. They air Bold and the Beautiful back to back so that's how painful it is and then there's a rerun of Rendezvous with Simi Garewal and she is such a "would you like some tea?" kinda woman that I want someone to choke her to death before next Friday. Then, Zee claims to get the latest movies and ends up showing films like 'Wah! Life ho tho Aisi'. I saw it from beginning to end and understood why the producers were in a hurry to sell their TV rights before people forget a movie by that name had actually released in theatres! Yeah, I have a lot of free time. But then if you've read all the crap I've written you do too.

So go finish that report you need to submit tomorrow and I'll do the same.